Spring 2018 – Monumental for HGR!
We topped the charts this Spring season, and have so much to be proud of, giving youth/high school lacrosse players a dozen-plus more reasons to try out for HGR’s Fall Elite. We had too many first-time events, honors and awards to mention them all, but if you need a few (a lot) more reasons to celebrate HGR’s success, read on!
- Let’s start with our coaches, HGR Founder and President Bryan Brazill, Merrimack head coach and outstanding HGR coach, Mike Morgan, and HGR coach extraordinaire Kyle Smith, who led the Merrimack College Warriors’ to their first D2 National Championship! Read about it HERE. And once again, congratulations to this incredible team of coaches and players!
- Hats off to HGR VP Pete Smyth, and coach Scott Corcoran, who brought their team, the 2018 Austin Prep Cougars, to a Division 3 North Championship! So proud of you and your team!
- HGR coach and Melrose High’s Head Coach Matt James received Eastern Mass Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Coach of the Year Award for his persistence and patience bringing his the Red Raiders to an unprecedented 18-1 record! Great job, Coach James!
- Our coach Tom Dalicandro led his Concord-Carlisle High lacrosse team to victory in the State Central/East Division 2 Championship. Congrats to you all!
- New to the HGR Coaching team is Curry College’s Head Coach Tim Murphy, who was awarded The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Coach of the Year honors. We’re proud to have him!
HGR players have made an outstanding showing for their school lacrosse teams:
- Reading High School rising junior Colin Comerford joined his team to nail the Division 2 State Championship! We foresee great things from this amazing attackman!
- High Fives are also in order for three HGR players who have earned All-American honors this Spring:
- Melrose High’s Cam Rosie
- Bellerica’s Patrick Quinn
- and North Andover’s Zach Keating.
We couldn’t be prouder!