Trash Can Ball
Open to all 2nd – 4th graders.
New 7-week session runs February 3rd – March 17th
Registration is open!
Location: Home Grown Indoor Sports, 400 Osgood St. North Andover, MA 01845
Rules / How to Play
- Each session will begin with 15 minutes of coaching
- The coach will then ref the remaining 45 minutes of scrimmage.
- Constant 3 on 3 game played.
- Equipment: a stick 40” or under, a mouthpiece, gloves, a protective cup and a tennis ball.
- One player on the defensive team has to play goalie every possession. This creates a 3 on 2 in favor of the offense which encourages ball movement and off moment.
- Once a turnover or goal takes place the team on defense becomes the offensive team and pushes the ball upfield and through.
- The team transitioning from defense to offense must first run or pass the ball behind their own net prior to pushing upfield. This allows the new defense time to get in and protect their end.
- No stick checks, no body checks, only passing lane / positional defense allowed.
- HGR will provide pinnies
- No score will be kept; this is all about having fun and getting better.
Players will register for 7 Weeks of Saturday games for February session.
Our Trash Can Ball season runs from October through May. Players register for each month individually.
- February 3 to March 17 (7-weeks)
- Saturdays 3:00 – 4:00pm for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade boys and girls
- Will be on during school vacations
- $105 for 7 weeks
- Players must sign up for all 7 weeks; week to week drop in payments can not be accepted.