Trash Can Ball
Open to all 2nd – 4th graders.
New session begins December 2nd!
Location: Home Grown Indoor Sports, 400 Osgood St. North Andover, MA 01845
Rules / How to Play
- Each session will begin with 15 minutes of coaching
- The coach will then ref the remaining 45 minutes of scrimmage.
- Constant 3 on 3 game played.
- Equipment: a stick 40” or under, a mouthpiece, gloves, a protective cup and a tennis ball.
- One player on the defensive team has to play goalie every possession. This creates a 3 on 2 in favor of the offense which encourages ball movement and off moment.
- Once a turnover or goal takes place the team on defense becomes the offensive team and pushes the ball upfield and through.
- The team transitioning from defense to offense must first run or pass the ball behind their own net prior to pushing upfield. This allows the new defense time to get in and protect their end.
- No stick checks, no body checks, only passing lane / positional defense allowed.
- HGR will provide pinnies
- No score will be kept; this is all about having fun and getting better.
Players will register for one month of Saturday games.
Our Trash Can Ball season runs from October through May. Players register for each month individually.
- 2nd Graders – 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- 3rd Graders – 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- 4th Graders – 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- $15 per the Number of Saturdays in that month.
- If there are 4 Saturdays in the month the cost will be $60 for the month.
- If there are 5 Saturdays in the month the cost will be $75 for the month.