Player Development Clinics
New clinics coming soon!
Location: HomeGrown Indoor Sports
400 Osgood Street, North Andover MA 01845
Watch HGR’s Development Clinic video and learn more about our advanced skills program.
[Click + to expand for full description]
About Our Skills Development Clinics
Clinics will be up-tempo positional fundamental workouts. They are designed to focus on reinforcing correct fundamentals for each position, with numerous reps that will help you improve your game at a rapid rate.
Our player development clinics are designed to rapidly improve a player’s individual skills sets and lacrosse IQ. Players will be grouped by like ability, age and positions to ensure their rate of progression is maximized. At regular team practices the focus has to be on team systems: 6v6 offense and defense, rides and clears, man up and man down. By nature, the individual’s fundamentals cannot be addressed in the detail required to produce big gains in their skill sets. These clinics will do just that. For offensive players, we will focus on everything from shooting form to reading a slide package. For our defense, we run the gamut from approach angles to how and when to throw stick checks. Our focus for goalies runs from pipe positioning to footwork.
HGR Lacrosse Clinics Highlights
- position-specific training
- shooting mechanics
- off-ball play
- 2 man game
- stick handling and positioning
- approach angles
- how and when to throw checks
- slide form
Session 5 Clinics Schedule
For High School Girls, Youth Girls, and Youth Boys:
Clinics run for 6 weeks, February 5th – March 15th
Each class will meet for 1 hr each week on these days and times:
- High School Girls: Thursdays 4-5pm (meets 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15)
- U-15 Girls: Thursdays 5-6pm (meets 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15)
- U-13 Girls: Thursdays 5-6pm (meets 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15)
- U-15 Boys: Wednesdays 8-9pm (meets 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14)
- U-13 Boys: Mondays 4-5pm (meets 2/5, 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12)
For High School Boys:
Clinics run for 4 weeks, February 24th – March 17th .
Each class runs for 1½ hours each on Saturday mornings. We will group you with your High School teammates, so you all stay together and get the most of out of our preseason clinic.
- Clinics will meet 2/24, 3/3, 2/10, 3/17
- Classes will be at 8am, 9:30am, 11am, or 12:30pm